Tennis

Andy Murray pulls beyond Marseille tournament while he weighs up hip surgery

Fevered speculation about Andy Murray’s retirement plans won’t die down just days after his early exit with the Australian Open, and the team on Friday were made to deny he has now committed to having surgery on his hip.

The former world No1 may well present an operation to resurface the hip bone, employing a metal implant, but organisers in the Marseille tournament through which bigger withdrawn made the false assumption inside an announcement which he had already decided to implement it.

Alex De Minaur v Rafael Nadal: Australian Open 2019 C live!

Find out more

A spokesman for Murray said, “No decision has been made about a operation, but he previously already thought to withdraw all tournaments. He will probably complete a further announcement which has a sometimes a week.”

The Marseille tournament website had said, “Still encountering hip pain, Andy Murray will undergo further surgery therefore were forced to forfeit upcoming tournaments, along with the Open 13 Provence.”

It quoted Murray as saying, “It’s a blow, even so haven’t any choice.”

The American doubles great Bob Bryan, who’s going to be playing in the Australian Open five months after undergoing precisely the same operation Murray may have, said now he expected the 31-year-old can have the surgery.

“I’m a common guy to be playing on tour which has a metal hip,” Bryan said. “So he’s looked at me similar to a hawk, asking me how I’m feeling after matches, after practices, where I’m at. He’s attempting to gauge how long it’d take him, when this procedure is undoubtedly an option.

The Open 13 Provence in Marseille starts last month 19 and Murray will also not play in Montpellier or Dubai in a few days. He’ll be replaced inside the draw with the Open 13 by Tomas Berdych.

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close