Manchester City fan in ‘critical condition’ after alleged assault in Germany

A Manchester City supporter is fighting for his life following an alleged assault through the Champions League match against Schalke on Wednesday, German 2 parents confirmed.

The unnamed 32-year-old man is within a major condition after sustaining “massive trauma to his skull and brain” at the away section at the Veltins Arena in Gelsenkirchen. Police Gelsenkirchen added that there was “an acute danger to life”.

Millwall charged after fans allegedly chanted racial abuse at FA Cup tie

Continue reading

The City fan is alleged to happen to be struck a blow that caused him to fall to the floor after a violent clash with two Schalke supporters. City club staff have remained in Germany to support the male with the exceptional family.

The German police statement read: “Shortly until the end of yesterday’s Champion’s League fixture while in the Veltins Arena, at around 10.50pm (CET), there was clearly a violent confrontation on the walkway when in front of away fans’ stand S1, between two supporters of Schalke and also the English visitors Manchester City.

“In the skirmish, a 32-year-old Englishman received a blow with a fist which knocked him into the floor. In falling, he a break down massive trauma to his skull and brain. After he had received medical first-aid then and there, a disastrous situation vehicle took him for inpatient treatment inside of a local hospital. He remains in acute danger of his life at the present time.”

Police in the Germany and Manchester have appealed for witnesses.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester police said: “We know an assault that occurred following Schalke v MCFC fixture for the Veltins Arena in Germany last week. A uk man is actually in hospital from a critical condition and we are working alongside the football clubs and German authorities to help with their investigation additionally, the man’s family at all you can.

“We would urge anyone with information to contact us on 101 or via Live Chat in order that we are able to share intelligence with his colleagues in Germany.”

City won the match, the primary leg of any last-16 tie, 3-2 after late goals from Leroy San and Raheem Sterling. The edges result from meet again in the Etihad Stadium on 12 March.

A statement from City read: “The club are operating with Greater Manchester Police and German police to ascertain more information. Club staff have remained in Germany to guide the household of your injured City fan who’s going to be currently from a critical overuse injury in hospital.”


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *