Keith Thurman targets Manny Pacquiao after retaining WBA welterweight title

Keith Thurman returned originating from a 22-month layoff to get over Josesito Lopez via majority decision on Saturday night to retain his welterweight title along with his sights at a showdown with Manny Pacquiao.

Thurman departed with a fast focus on a second-round knockdown, withstood a giant seventh round from Lopez, and regained control to raise to 29-0. It was actually the WBA champion’s first fight since 4 March 2017, before he was sidelined first by right elbow surgery then an injured left-hand.

What takes place when a boxer loses his shot at glory and goes to actual life?

Find more

Both looked normal again inside Brooklyn’s Barclays Center and for that reason did Thurman’s legs, because moved well to mostly steer clear of trouble against Lopez, who kept coming forward through the entire fight but often got caught with uppercuts and combinations for his efforts. “He came good for me,” Thurman said. “I said you will not be aware of the best Keith Thurman tonight, but you’d still see a world-class performance, and so i gave you that tonight.”

He’d likely need to have a better one against the 40-year-old Pacquiao, who showed she has plenty available a simple victory over Adrien Broner the other day. “I would definitely definitely make Manny Pacquiao fight at the moment,” Thurman said. “I happy. That has been a beautiful fight. I’m all set to fight wherever Pacquiao wants it.”

Lopez (36-8) stalked all night long along Thurman hurt while in the seventh round, but otherwise Thurman’s speed stopped Lopez getting into sufficiently good position to possess enough turn on his punches. “I was disappointed I couldn’t finish him to get him outside of there,” Lopez said. “If he thinks he’s the most effective welterweight in existence, then I want two through five aligned personally.”

In the co-main event, Polish power puncher Adam Kownacki stopped Gerald Washington from the second round in their heavyweight bout. Kownacki (19-0, 15 KOs), with entire parts of the stands behind his corner full of Polish fans wearing red, had Washington caught contrary to the ropes late inside the first round and dropped him from right-hand at the start of the 2nd.

Washington struggled to get up, first falling backward within the bottom rope, before rising. Referee Harvey Dock let Washington continue yet not for very long, stepping inside stop it at 1:09 of your round after Kownacki quickly pounced and hurt Washington again.

“I trained a hardship on this fight,” Kownacki said. “I ready for 10 hard rounds, but I’m glad I received it done and ended it fast while i did.”


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *